If you followed the link from another website, I may have removed or renamed the page. You may want to try searching for the page.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- my friend’s website
- NEW LONGEST TUNNEL KILN RECORD SET IN INDIA
- with pride in India A foundation stone laying ceremony for a Hindu temple was also the scene for a successful record attempt in India for the most people shaking hands simultaneously earlier this year. Organised by the Shree Khodhaldham Trust, the event in Village Kagvad, Rajkot in January was witnessed by an enormous crowd of over 2 million devotees from the Leuva Patel community. Following the worship of Hindu deity Khodayal Maa, 24,435 couples proceeded to shake hands for the expertly organised attempt. A roar of applause greeted the announcement by Guinness World Records adjudicators Lucia Sinigaglieisi and Nikhil Shukla confirming that a new benchmark had been set, with a figure that beat the previous record of 2,634 couples set in Puducherry, India in 2010 by some distance. Tweet 1 1 NEW HAND SHAKING WORLD RECORD GREETED WITH PRIDE IN INDIA
- calls time on record-breaking career Legendary India batsman Rahul Dravid has today confirmed his retirement from international cricket. Nicknamed “The Wall” for his often unbeatable batting style, the 39-year-old notched up a string of world records during his illustrious career. Dravid, who made his international debut in 1996, hit 13,288 runs over the course of 164 Tests, second only to fellow India strike partner Sachin Tendulkar, and scored 36 centuries. Guinness World Records has recognised his achievement for the most Test deliveries faced, with an incredible 31,258 balls confronted. He also holds the world record for most century partnerships as part of the same pair (career) , a total of 20 with compatriot Tendulkar, and most runs in a partnership (career), with a benchmark of 6,920, once again set with Tendulkar. While best known for defending the stumps, Dravid was also formidable in the slips and holds the current record for the most outfield Test catches with a total of 210. Making the announcement at a press conference this morning in Bagalore, Dravid said: “I have had a wonderful time. Now it’s time for a new generation of young players to take it forward and make history. “It was about playing with dignity, upholding the spirit of the game. I have tried my best. I leave with sadness but also with pride.” While the curtain has been drawn on Dravid’s international cricket career, he confirmed today that he plans to continue to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the Rajasthan Royals. Commenting on today’s news, Manu Gautam, GWR records manager for sports said: “Supporters and players alike all hold Dravid in high regard. His records will take some beating and really stand as a testament to his incredible talent.” Tweet 0 1 RAHUL DRAVID RETIRES: INDIA CRICKET LEGEND CALLS TIME ON RECORD-BREAKING CAREER
- Reality television show Dance India Dance has set a new Guinness World Records achievement for the largest Bollywood dance with 4,428 people dancing simultaneously. Local school and college children joined 13 contestants on the show to shake their stuff to the famous Bollywood song ‘Dhinkachika Dhinkachika’ for the attempt, which took place at KJ Somaiya College Grounds in Mumbai earlier this month. All the participants were trained for several hours by top choreographers Mr. Terence Lewis and Mr.Remo D’souza. Guinness World Records adjudicator Nikhil Shukla was present to award the official GWR certificate. The record attempt featured as part of the third consecutive season of Dance India Dance on Zee Television. Read more about the show at www.did3.india.com VIDEO: TV SHOW DANCE INDIA DANCE SMASHES LARGEST BOLLYWOOD DANCE RECORD
- INDIAN FIVE-YEAR-OLD LIMBOS HER WAY TO SKATING RECORD
- August 15 marks an annual holiday in India to celebrating the country’s independence. India became a sovereign nation at the stroke of midnight on 15 August 1947, after spending nearly two centuries under the rule of the British. To mark the anniversary, here are ten amazing world records currently held by the nation. Largest democracy India is known as the “world’s largest democracy” and its current Prime Minister (the country’s 13th) is Dr. Manmohan Singh, who has held the position since 22 May 2004; a member of the ruling Congress Party, he is also the first Sikh to reach the post, and at 79, one of the oldest people today to head a government. With an estimated population of 1.2 billion – the world’s second largest after China – the electorate alone was estimated at 714 million for the 2009 national election – more than the combined electorates of the USA and EU. Most centuries scored in international cricket When he scored 114 against Bangladesh in an ODI on 16 March 2012, the “Little Master” Sachin Tendulkar (India) became the first player to score 100 international centuries. Largest ruby The largest Ruby weighs 21,955 g (48 lbs 6.43 oz) and measures 310 x 165 x 140 mm (12.20 x 6.49 x 5.51 in) and is owned by Rajiv Golcha. The ruby has been named “The King Ruby” and is held in the Prestige Gems & Jewels showroom in India. Largest roti / chapati The largest chapati weighed 63.99 kg (141 lb 1 oz) and was made by the Shree Jalarm Mandir Jirnodhar Samitee organisation at the Jalaram Temple, Jamnagar, on 15 January 2005. Highest box office film gross for a Bollywood film 3 Idiots (2009), starring R Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Aamir Khan, is the highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time taking more than 202,57,00,000 INR ($44.9 million; £29.9 million) to date, seeing off competition from the 2010 films Dabangg, Golmaal 3 and Raajneeti by a considerable margin. Largest annual film output India is the world’s most prolific film- making nation, with approximately 800 to 1,000 feature films being produced each year by the ‘Bollywood’ film industry based in Mumbai. This is roughly double the number of films produced by Hollywood each year. In 2009, a total of 1,288 films were produced in India, in 24 different languages. By contrast, Hollywood produced 606 feature films during 2008 – an all-time record for the American film industry. Most expensive wedding The wedding of Vanisha Mittal, daughter of billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, to investment banker Amit Bhatia was the most expensive wedding in the world. The six- day event, held in Versailles in 2004, included a re-enactment of the happy couple’s courtship and an engagement ceremony at the Palace of Versailles – the only private function ever to have been held in the palace. Guests at the wedding reception were entertained by a number of world famous performers, including Shah Rukh Khan and Kylie Minogue. And the bill picked up by the bride’s father? A mere $55 million (then over £28 million). Longest moustache The longest moustache measures 4.29 m (14 ft) and belongs to Ram Singh Chauhan (India). It was measured on the set of Lo Show dei Record in Rome, Italy, on 4 March 2010. Highest rainfall annually By average annual rainfall, the wettest place is Mawsynram, Meghalaya, India, with 11,873 mm (467 in) of rain per annum. By average annual rainfall, the wettest place is Mawsynram, Meghalaya, India, with 11,873 mm (467 in) of rain per annum. Largest gathering of people dressed as Mohandas Gandhi The largest gathering of people dressed as Mohandas Gandhi was 485 and was achieved by the children of T.R.A.C.K.S. Training Resource & Care For Kids (India) in Kolkata, India, on 29 January 2012. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY: OUR TOP 10 RECORDS FROM INDIA
- WORLD’S SHORTEST MAN AND WOMAN
- Chimborazo: “Highest Above Earth’s Center”